Sunday, August
05, 2012
Since our move
to OKC, I have been going to cosmetology school full-time and due to the state
of California’s licensing conflicts with the state of Oklahoma, I have opted to
wait to finish once we finish moving! With that said though, I have had to
re-adjust to not having a pretty regular routine that I had with school. Let me
tell you, it has been a struggle! Oh, how I love being a SAHM but my
personality THRIVES on a pretty regular routine, which I am in the process of
creating and you will see how I am going to organize my day through this post!
First – I had
to realize that with me in school and Amos working, there were a lot of little
things being forgotten so those were the first things on the list. I figured
the EASIEST way to create a schedule was to write ANYTHING/EVERYTHING that
needs to happen on a daily basis (yes, including showers ha!)
1. Meals
2. Bathing for everyone
3. Scripture Study
4. School Study
5. Blogging/ Journaling
6. Structured Play
7. Cleaning
Second – I
thought maybe if I scheduled the easy things like: meals, naps, wakeup, and
bedtimes the rest would fall around that! So, I decided ultimately what time I
needed to get up and go to bed so that it would allow adequate study throughout
the day without little hands and voices.
6:00 AM – Amos and
I wake up, shower and get ready for the day! To feel put together I need this
time to feel put together and ready for anything to happen!
6:30 AM - Both
him and I are to be studying! Amos – air traffic control and myself – medical transcription
7:30 AM – Both little
ones awake, diapers changed, and dressed for the day. Beds made. Start
breakfast
8:00 AM – Breakfast!
8:30 AM – Go to
a park to play
9:45 AM –Melody-Ann
1 hour of movie time - Hunter nap routine (rock, bottle, read book)
10:00 AM – Check
email – blog – journal
11:00 AM - Start
a load of laundry - cleaning chores for day – Lunch prep
11:30 AM –
Hunter up
12:00 PM – Lunch
time – clean up
12:30 PM –
Melody-Ann and Hunter play time in her room
1:45 PM - Hunter
nap routine (rock, bottle, read book)
2:00 PM –
Hunter napping – Melody-Ann “school”
3:30 PM –
Hunter up – Snack time – clean up – Fold laundry
4:00 PM – Melody-Ann
and Hunter play time in her room
5:30 PM – Dinner
prep
6:00 PM - Dinner
and clean up
6:45 PM – Bath
time – Pajamas
7:30 PM – Bed time
routine for both children – Last drink – Brush teeth –Story – Prayers – Bed
8:00 PM –
Children asleep – Back to studying for me!
10:00 PM – Amos
home/shower
10:15 PM –
Scripture study
11:00 PM –
Bedtime
Note – I do not
plan to follow this schedule to the minute, nor should you follow your schedule
to the minute! You will only drive yourself crazy! Look at your schedule as a
guide, or a rough outline of your day! You can’t predict everything in life, as
I have learned with my little ones! Time management requires flexibility, and
the important thing is to just try your best to do it the next day!
Check back
tomorrow for my Re-learning to be a SAHM – Cleaning Routine and Chores for
Little Ones
No comments:
Post a Comment