Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy 24th Birthday to Me!

As much as I LOVE birthdays, I try to ALWAYS skip past mine! While I have been here and made Bakersfield home, Amos and I have made some AMAZING friends! We feel so blessed by the friendships that have been extended towards us, especially that we don't have family remotely close by.

Amos and I had gone shopping a few days early to get my birthday present since it was the easiest time to go. He "surprised" me with a Kitchenaid of MY choice! I have been asking for one for YEARS and finally I got one!

Since we "celebrated" a few days early I assumed the next few days would come and go and my birthday would drift into the past!

Wednesday (the day before my birthday) things were as normal! Verity came to hang out for a bit, then Jennifer came over so December could have violin lessons. She then asked me if I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby with her and Adrienne. "Of course" anyone who knows me I will not pass up a trip to Hobby Lobby, especially with two of my best friends going! We waited for Amos to get home and we headed out to pick up Adrienne!

"Magically" the car detours from Hobby Lobby to Olive Garden! After the previous few weeks this was soo exciting! They bought me a crown and a sash to wear inside!



As we walked in the front door, SURPRISE was shouted! Not only was I going out with Adrienne and Jennifer, they had rounded up 9 other friends to join us, Kim, Stacie, Kristine, Chandra, Katelyn, Verity and Kara. As I said earlier I have met so many wonderful friends here in Bakersfield! I couldn't have made it especially the last 5 months without these ladies in my life! Many have cried with me, rejoiced with me and checked on me when I needed it most! I can't say it enough of how much these women have taught and influenced me to become a better wife and mother!



Here's to being 24!



No comments:

Post a Comment