Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Memories of 2010

This is kinda a long post, but much needed for my sake!! Enjoy =]

Here is highlights from each month in 2010!!

January - I remember thinking, holy cow, its 2010!! I brought in the New Year being pregnant at Kailey's house with my sister Alonah, talking to many friends from high school and singles ward!! It was a blast, although sadly didn't get that "Kiss" as that Amos was working at Albertsons!! =[ Amos' dad spent a lot of time in Billings this month as he had some dental work done! A quote that I wont forget, Amos' dad looking at my big pregnant self stating, ELIZA NEVER GOT THAT BIG!! Hahah, good laughs! I also got to have a great time at a baby shower held in Miss Melody-Ann's honor!! Amos' came to pick me up and took me home to find out he was working soo diligently on completing the painting in his precious little girls room!

February - We spent the first weekend in the hospital, as I was being very stubborn and insisted on walking to the mailbox on a huge sheet of ice in flats to say the least. Well, I don't remember a lot of it, but I do remember falling to the ground and laying face down in the snow, Amos carrying me inside and laying me down. Few hours later, going into pre-term labor, puking and going to the hospital. Many hours and thousands of dollars of testing later, we were released. So, after that day we began realizing how difficult this was going to be with both of us in school and him working as well!! We celebrated our 2nd Valentines Day together, not doing much, exchanging small gifts! Amos turned 24!

March - The big month that all of our family, friends and most of all US as a small family, were anxiously awaiting for!! We got into excellent shape the last week of February and first week of March, as we walked, climbed and got physically active trying to naturally induce labor during Spring Break!! Well, to say the least she, following in Mommy and Daddy's steps, was very stubborn, but stayed in through all of Mid-terms and came at a very beautiful time!! March 29, Amos worked that night, I was nesting of course, the only way to pass time!! I went to bed as usual, to wake up at 2 am just uncomfortable, Amos was hardly sleeping by then, as the time passed, he started timing, constantly suggesting to leave for the hospital. I was scheduled to go to Dr. Joyce's office that afternoon and I was just going to go to that appointment. As 5 am rolled around, he started getting up showering eating gathering last minute stuff, still suggesting I should go. 8 am, I had given up, if I wasn't in labor...I was dying I swear!! 945 am epidural was started. I was soo excited, it was for real this time!! No turning back now!! 1:59 pm, Melody-Ann made her appearance!! What a joyous experience, Amos and I got to share it with my Mom, Dad, Grandma and best friend of all time Dawn!! Saydee, our puppy also joined our family this month!!

April - Well, life with baby was a struggle to adjust to, we both didn't take anytime off of school/work! Back to the grind we went!! Amos was still flying up until now, he took his first solo cross country and his last flight for a while on April 10, 2010 (OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY) Dawn came over so I could have some me time to SLEEP!! Needless to say, Amos, remembered the day, but forgot why that day was sticking...We both finished strong!

May - Melody-Ann was blessed, what a blessing it was to see a lot of friends and family both active and non-members involved in that special day for us as a family! I finally am not a teenager anymore!! I was blessed to be pampered for a day and to get the soccer mom look haha!! I also celebrated my 1st mothers day!! What a joyous feeling! Amos was offered the job of a lifetime, until this point to say the least! He landed a job at Edwards Jet Center on their fuel line! What a blessing that job became, he learned soo many things!

June - Billings MT experienced their 1st tornado in a long time!! It happened on Fathers Day while we were at my parents house enjoying dinner with them, cooked by ME =]]

July - We spent a lot of time at this point investigating our options...We were just days away from Amos signing into the Air Force! I remember thinking how exciting this adventure will be...but finally reality started settling in, I couldn't be a "single" mom for months at a time...As much as it was appealing financially, mentally for me...I couldn't do it!We traveled to visit Amos family, while we had some extended time off, then onto Greeley, CO...We fell in love!! Well, kinda...either way, Amos' fell in love with the idea of job security and stability of Air Traffic Control.

August - Over the last few months, we spent a lot of time building a long lasting and will never forget memories with Heather and Traase! They came over soo many nights, we played games and laughed for hours on end! Amos' dad, tied the knot to a wonderful lady in Washington State, they are still anxiously awaiting to be able to be together as they are working out some issues.

September - We packed up and moved on out!! What a change it was for me especially, to finally, per say leave the nest!! I never have lived away from my parents city wise, so this was an anxious adventure! I was blessed with a wonderful job at Sams Club the same week we moved here!!

October - We had the wonderful opportunity to fly out SLC and attend General Conference for the first time! We met up with Steve and Eliza and spent the weekend with them! Amos and I also had the opportunity to attend a live session at the temple! What an amazing opportunity!

November - I started cosmetology school...what an exciting adventure that was!! I learned soo much this month as we began the basics of a 2 month basic course!! I was also called into the Young Women's Presidency, what a fun calling!! The girls are fantastic and soo welcoming! We spent Thanksgiving in Wheatland with Amos' uncle Jerry and his family!

December - I was still attending cosmetology school, learning the fundamentals of hair! Amos was finishing his first and last semester on online courses! We made it back to MT to celebrate Christmas with my family! What a blessed time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment