Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ready, Set, Pack


January 3, 2013

With the start of the new year, I was getting VERY anxious for Amos to get started with the FAA. We have student loans hitting, our lease is nearly up, etc. With that said I took things into my own hands and emailed Leann Morrow, who is Amos’ HR for the FAA just asking if she had received all of Amos’ background, security and medical clearances. Last August was the last time we had heard from her and all she needed was his security clearance, which we expected to take a while due to living in 6 states and 13 addresses in the last 7 years!

We quickly received an email back from Leann:

Hi: I may have a class for you in March. Hang in there, I am working on my scheduling. What you can do in the meantime, get a drug refresh done. Call 1-866-236-3674 and schedule your drug test and then I will get the results. I should know for sure about the class date by the time I get the results. Thank you.

As I was sitting at my computer, I started tearing up and Amos was curious to know what I had read. I could barely talk fast enough as he is calling the Drug Refresh number. They were able to squeeze him in at 11:00 this morning which was perfect as we were heading up to Quail Springs to play at the indoor park since it was just too cold to play outside today. As we were heading to Quail Springs which is about a 15 minute drive without taking the interstate, the pilot starting ringing (it has a built in Bluetooth, so when we get in the car it automatically connects to our phones for hands free answering) with a 405 number! He answered it and it was Leann! She had asked if he scheduled his drug refresh and when it was scheduled for, he stated he had just finished it of course! She confirmed that he was assigned to POC – Brackett Field in La Verne, CA and ASSIGNED him a class date for January 30th! We both could hardly hold in the news and started calling family ASAP!

Back in September or so we received an email from a lady that Amos taught in Fontana, stating that she noticed we were moving to CA at some point and was in the process of buying a second home, to rent out her current one. At that point we were hopeful that timing would work out for both of us, but with no phone call from the FAA and she needing her home rented by December/January we were both saddened that this wasn’t in the cards! As soon as Amos received the call, I facebooked Debbie and told her our news and that if her current renters were to default we would love to be in line for her home. She replied with the second home they were purchasing last fall fell through and that they had just placed an offer on January 1st for a different home with a 45 day escrow, meaning assuming everything was going to play out in both sides her home would be ready to rent middle of March just days before Amos’ training is done. 

We are so blessed! What a testimony that the Lord DOES have a plan, and our lives are in his BEST interest! I am so thankful for the knowledge of the gospel in our lives because without it I couldn’t imagine the life we would be living. We are going to be living in ½ of the 1st ward Amos lived in (they recently split the 1st ward he was in) and his 1st ward mission leader is in the bishopric! I don’t for see us going long without callings!





No comments:

Post a Comment