Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Melodyann's 1st Dance Recital!

After 9 months of practice, Melodyann's 1st dance recital has come and gone! What a trip down memory lane for me. Just 21 years ago, my mom was preparing me for my 1st dance recital.

On Saturday May 31, while I was out of town in Los Angeles at the temple, Amos was in charge of getting Melodyann ready for her full dress rehearsal and down to the Fox Theater. When preparing Amos for this, I asked him if he realized what full dress rehearsal was, "She just needs to be in her costume and down at the theater right?" almost babe! She needs hair, stage makeup, costume and be down there! With a worried look on his face, I called in Jennifer as a reinforcement to help him get Melodyann's hair and makeup done!

Here is Melodyann on her full dress rehearsal day! She is the third from our right! 





Wednesday, June 4 was the real deal! My mom was able to fly down for the performance! I was so blessed to be able to have her come and help, I couldn't have gotten through my day without her help! I am sure it was bittersweet being a part of it as well, just remembering all the years she went through it with me!

Here are her pictures from last night!


Melodyann and Nana


Melodyann and Miss Kim


Waiting for the event! <3 br="" nbsp="">


Love my mom! I wouldn't be who I am today without her and my dad's support and love for me and my little family!


Family picture! Both Isaac and Hunter fell asleep within the first couple of performances of the night so they weren't thrilled to be taking pictures either!


Again her actual performance! She is the 3rd from right! We learned next year to bring an actual video camera, phones just didn't cut it!

No comments:

Post a Comment