Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pink or Blue?!


The much anticipated day has arrived in my pregnancy! The mid pregnancy ultrasound! The doctors use this ultrasound for measurements and to confirm your EDD (estimated due date). My current EDD was set for March 17, 2010.

As family and close friends placed their guesses on the gender of our first baby, both Amos and I were pretty set on girl. We had visited the temple many weeks prior and were overcome with similar feelings that we were expecting a girl and felt inclined to name her Melody.

I was the first ultrasound appointment of the day, so Amos and I anxiously got ready and out the door. My mom was meeting us there after the morning drop off for school! Because my mom was running a bit late the tech did most of the measurements first so that my mom could make it for the big reveal. Having seen a few ultrasounds before I was paying attention to the movements of baby and the tech as she measured the heart, arms, legs and skull. Based on what I could see, I pretty much knew what we were having; Amos was lost a lot of the time asking a lot of questions on growth and development. The tech said we were expecting a very healthy baby GIRL! She already had long legs in the 90 percentile! We were sent home with pictures and a DVD with the findings!

We were quick to announce PINK was in our future. My younger brother had the best reaction out of everyone! When we told him, he BURST into tears claiming he wanted us to return her and have a boy! My dad had to reassure him everything was going to be alright. The poor little guy has nothing but girls in all directions of him! He will learn to love her! 





No comments:

Post a Comment