Alrighty!! So, I haven’t blogged in heaven knows how long but…I am bound to get better at it in hopes that we can use it as a journal!!
My family was it with the Swine flu!! Little Logan was down for about 8 days and is still struggling with a cough, my dad in turn caught it, since he was with Logan as much as he could be to avoid my mom getting it. My mom was doing really well with the preventive measures, until just yesterday when she was hit super hard. I pray that either Amos or I catch it! Pregnancy and Swine aren’t a good mix I hear…
I surprised Amos with a trip to his mission area in the California, San Bernardino Mission. He was shocked that I took the time to plan something soo special and memorable in this phase of our life! The idea came when I found out my mom found cheap tickets via Allegiant as a direct flight to LAX. I quickly jumped on the website and found out that the weekend Amos happened to have off of school tickets were ONLY 29.00 down 29.00 back a piece!!
I was determined to also take the kid to Disney Land. HE HAD NEVER BEEN!! I am such a kid at heart that I knew he would love it too. He was pretty nervous about spending the money to go since he thought it was just a little kid thing…like just a bunch of teacup rides, He was blown away by what he saw! Amos loved the way that Disney has created such an experience for anyone regardless to where you are in the park. He was also taken back by all the detail in every ride. I definitely rode rides I shouldn’t have but…the baby is just fine!
We rode:
Indiana Jones
Pirates
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Mark Twain’s Riverboat
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Jungle Cruise
Tarzan’s Treehouse
Matterhorn Bobsleds (in which the one person Amos actually baptized was working at)
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
Snow White’s Scary Adventures
Autopia
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
And…
Star Tours
We ate at two places there in which again Amos was taken back by the cost of the food!! But regardless it was well worth it!!
Amos’ loved Indiana Jones, Pirates and most of Space Mountain! He even said we should have gotten 2 fast passes for Space Mountain!
We made it over to California Adventure and did Toy Story and It’s Tough to Be a Bug, as well as Soarin over California.
We sat and watched the Celebrate Parade which was very enjoyable!
Our lives have changed dramatically since we got married…Here is an update!
Amos: He is currently working on his IFR certificate so that he can legally fly in the clouds! He is also taking 12-14 credits on top of flying, then to add to that he is working at Albertson’s full time as a cashier…although starting next week he will be in the aisles of the store stocking throughout the day! He said they have hinted towards future advancement…somewhere in managing. =] What a blessing that is! He has talked about changing degrees to aviation management – air traffic controlling. Ever since finding out that he was going to be a daddy, being away from home is not his favorite thought and also money is kind of an issue when the government won’t fund his flying labs. LAME, but they will cover any other labs…Next semester he will have again a pretty full schedule but he is excited and ready to hit the road running. Oh, yes one more thing…Amos is now an uncle to a beautiful baby boy named Ralph Joseph that Eliza gave birth to on October 16, 2009 at about 600 am. Ps. That makes me an Aunt too but on his side!
Myself: Well, I just recently quit working at Subway, to start a new job at a place in the Mall called Completely Nuts. So far, it has been a wonderful change and I love the much busier pace that is about to come, with the Holiday Season quickly approaching! As far as school is concerned. I am pretty much done for the semester. Next semester, I will be part on campus and part at home. I am actually quite excited to be back on campus for more social interaction. I am lacking in that area for sure! I am going to be taking 17 credits as well as delivering a baby about half way through…Call me crazy but it will be super exciting! I am leaning towards a double major in Elementary Education and Reading!
Baby: Well, is growing and starting to create little flutters in my tummy! We find out November 4 what we are having so what a blessing that will be! Amos and I are very excited to finally get to see a much better picture of baby! As far as naming baby…we both have strong feelings that it is a girl, based on a dream I had just before finding out that I was pregnant as well as a very spiritual temple experience in which we both felt very strong about a little girl. I pray for one reason alone that it is a girl because we have agreed on a girl’s name, whereas boy names just create an uproar, well kind of. Amos’ doesn’t know what he likes, but doesn’t like what I like!! So…for our girl, it will be Melody Rose Swanson and for a boy well I think we are both on the same page with Jackson but… we will see!! =]
Well, I think that will conclude my update about us. =] Look forward each week to an update, if not sooner than that!! But weekly is my goal!!
No comments:
Post a Comment