Wow, what a beautiful day! I have enjoyed every minute of my weekend, well for the most part.
Friday, I worked my last morning shift at Sweet N Salty. Man, I really like the morning shifts, but Sherry will be back tomorrow =(, so I get to go back to my night shifts. I hope that each night is slightly busier than the previous day. I know Greg and Alyson have great expectations of this business, I just think their location in the mall is holding them back.
Amos worked his usual 3 - 12 shift. We ate dinner with my family as well as Amos' Dad, Emily, Jacob, Eliza, Steve and baby Ralph. It was pretty crazy at my parents house! I love spending time with family, but I have grown a great love for peace and quiet since moving to our own apartment. Eliza, Steve and Ralph spent the night at our house! It was fun to have our first house guests =].
Saturday, came and went sooo fast! Amos and I got up and made breakfast for Eliza and Steve. Then they headed to the temple to perform some sealings, while Amos and I got hands on experience with a newborn!! It was fun, but also a challenge considering Eliza left him hungry and tired and the bottle just wasn't enough! =] Finally, we got the little one to sleep and headed to my parents house to grab a couple of presents for Amos' Dad and Grandparents. I hope they enjoy them!!
Amos, myself, my dad and siblings ate lunch at Wendy's, (Melody didn't appreciate it all that much) and joined Amos' family for the Experience Bethlahem Walk-Through that the East Stake hosted. It was beautifully done and very spiritually uplifting.
Amos and I helped my dad get my mom's side bundles for the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray that this next year my mom realizes that she is just destroying her body by delivering/not sleeping. I think it is going to take a physical challenge for her to realize that, but I hope that she learns prior to having the hard challenge.
Logan had his 2nd and Bella her 1st, Preschool Christmas Program, Saturday night as well! Amos, my dad and I got all three (Logan, Bella and Harmony) ready for this program, and I will tell you they all were HOTT stuff! I told Logan, "You better go tell dad to get his guns out and help him keep the boys off of your little sisters!" He proceeded to tell my dad this, then followed up after looking at himself in the mirror and stating to my dad, "Dad, those guns are going to have to keep the girls off of me too!!" What a classic saying to come out of a little 5 year old mouth!! I love my siblings, and Logan and Bella did wonderfully in their program!! It's so funn to watch them grow up and become "big kids"
Today, was a beautiful day, both outside and spiritually per say! The snow is falling as I type! The flakes are HUGE!! As much as I love the snow, I hate driving in it!! If at all possible I let Amos drive!!
Although we live across the street from church, on days like today...we still drive! How the pioneers ate, walked, and slept in this, I do not know!! They were wonderful people and I know that they did it because they knew it was right! Sunday School and Relief Society were beautiful lessons on the life and martyrdm of Joseph Smith. What a special man of God. He did so much more in his 20 years of serving the church than I think I could do in my lifetime in the church.
As I prepare myself for bed tonight, I want to leave you with a message from President Monson, about the Christmas Spirit.
"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'
"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"
With Love,
The Swansons
Amos, Alexis and Melody
Friday, I worked my last morning shift at Sweet N Salty. Man, I really like the morning shifts, but Sherry will be back tomorrow =(, so I get to go back to my night shifts. I hope that each night is slightly busier than the previous day. I know Greg and Alyson have great expectations of this business, I just think their location in the mall is holding them back.
Amos worked his usual 3 - 12 shift. We ate dinner with my family as well as Amos' Dad, Emily, Jacob, Eliza, Steve and baby Ralph. It was pretty crazy at my parents house! I love spending time with family, but I have grown a great love for peace and quiet since moving to our own apartment. Eliza, Steve and Ralph spent the night at our house! It was fun to have our first house guests =].
Saturday, came and went sooo fast! Amos and I got up and made breakfast for Eliza and Steve. Then they headed to the temple to perform some sealings, while Amos and I got hands on experience with a newborn!! It was fun, but also a challenge considering Eliza left him hungry and tired and the bottle just wasn't enough! =] Finally, we got the little one to sleep and headed to my parents house to grab a couple of presents for Amos' Dad and Grandparents. I hope they enjoy them!!
Amos, myself, my dad and siblings ate lunch at Wendy's, (Melody didn't appreciate it all that much) and joined Amos' family for the Experience Bethlahem Walk-Through that the East Stake hosted. It was beautifully done and very spiritually uplifting.
Amos and I helped my dad get my mom's side bundles for the Sunday Paper. I hope and pray that this next year my mom realizes that she is just destroying her body by delivering/not sleeping. I think it is going to take a physical challenge for her to realize that, but I hope that she learns prior to having the hard challenge.
Logan had his 2nd and Bella her 1st, Preschool Christmas Program, Saturday night as well! Amos, my dad and I got all three (Logan, Bella and Harmony) ready for this program, and I will tell you they all were HOTT stuff! I told Logan, "You better go tell dad to get his guns out and help him keep the boys off of your little sisters!" He proceeded to tell my dad this, then followed up after looking at himself in the mirror and stating to my dad, "Dad, those guns are going to have to keep the girls off of me too!!" What a classic saying to come out of a little 5 year old mouth!! I love my siblings, and Logan and Bella did wonderfully in their program!! It's so funn to watch them grow up and become "big kids"
Today, was a beautiful day, both outside and spiritually per say! The snow is falling as I type! The flakes are HUGE!! As much as I love the snow, I hate driving in it!! If at all possible I let Amos drive!!
Although we live across the street from church, on days like today...we still drive! How the pioneers ate, walked, and slept in this, I do not know!! They were wonderful people and I know that they did it because they knew it was right! Sunday School and Relief Society were beautiful lessons on the life and martyrdm of Joseph Smith. What a special man of God. He did so much more in his 20 years of serving the church than I think I could do in my lifetime in the church.
As I prepare myself for bed tonight, I want to leave you with a message from President Monson, about the Christmas Spirit.
"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'
"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"
With Love,
The Swansons
Amos, Alexis and Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment