Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Yet Another Move for the Swanson Family!

You would think after moving from my parents, to an apartment in Billings, to a rental house in Billings, back to my parents home, then to Greeley then BACK to my parents home in MT, we would be EXPERTS and just LOVE moving. Well not so much =]

Back in the middle of March we were finally getting ahead and ready to get back into a place of our own, when finding that new home in Billings just wasn't panning out. We had started looking and even touring apartments when nothing was actually falling into place. Me being the planner and always looking towards the future prayed one night that I might know what we are to do since finding a place of our own in Billings wasn't working out. I quickly received a prompting that we were to move AGAIN, this time to Oklahoma City. We were already going to have to move there anyways for the FAA, so why not move now? I threw the idea towards Amos who I was honestly thinking he would think I was crazy! He took the idea with an open mind and to prayed about it that night.

With both of us feeling this was right, we starting planning. We decided while we were waiting in OKC, that I would finish cosmetology school, and that Amos would find a full time job. We really started working on the plans before we told anyone as we knew what the overall reaction would be. School for me was pretty easy to find, but the next class was to begin in less than a month on April 18 or I would have to wait until June to start. I got registered for the April start class which had just a couple of spots left! We found an apartment via rent.com of which is a whole other post, stay tuned for that one =]. Amos put his two weeks in and THEN we began telling people.

When we told my parents, they were actually very excited for us! They knew we felt like we were at a standstill and didn't have a clue of what to do as far as living arrangements and what not. They agreed with us that if we were to put ourselves in the right place, that things would start working in our favor as far as Amos' career opening was concerned.

MOST of Amos' family as well as my extended family, through my eyes made it clear in their own ways that we had gone crazy. We were leaving a stable environment and a decent paying job, to move to a place we had NEVER been, with no sights of a home, job, family or friends to fall onto. We reassured them that we were putting full faith in the Lord that he would guide and direct us from here. I am not sure if they were reassured through that, but that is was Amos and I were reassuring ourselves with.

After a couple weeks of packing and loading our stuff into pods to be shipped, we were ready to go! April 6 came so fast. I was getting nervous and really sad to leave because I KNEW I would only be back to visit from here on out for a LONG while! I did my best to keep my see ya later's short and brief, because with technology there are SOOO many ways to keep in contact visually (Skype, Facebook, Pictures, etc).
We woke up to sleeting weather that morning and my dad had asked a few times if we were sure that we wanted to out run the storm (it was supposed to get chilly and snowy). We knew that the sooner we got going the better.That night we stayed in Gillette with Amos' family since we were unsure of when we were going to be able to come back to visit being soo many hours away. In Gillette, we dyed Easter eggs, saw the baby farm animals and talked until there was no tomorrow! What a joy it was to spend just the few hours we were able to.

Our next stop was Greeley. We knew if we were to come even REMOTELY close to Greeley without visiting that those in Greeley would hunt us down! When we arrived in Greeley, we went to SAMs Club of course! We had to show of the little man who was brewing during my time working there! We saw Matt, Dana, Peggy, Noel and a few others there at the club. It was definitely a pleasure and I realized the good friends I had made there. There were a few faces we wish we would have seen, but time didn't allow =[. That night we met up with a friend of Amos' who he went to University of Wyoming with as well as his girlfriend. We spent a lot of time playing games with Steven and Dana during our time in Greeley! They are fantastic people! Sunday of course we attended Ashcroft Ward...The look on sooo many of their faces, it was priceless! They were all hoping that we were moving back, but when we stated we were passing through it they were quick to ask where to and why! Miss Sarah was so happy to see us there! She was nearly a weekly babysitter for Melody-Ann. What a joy it was to see her, and her mother!

After church on Sunday we headed for the longest leg of our trip which was to OKC! Well after driving for about 8 or 9 hours we made the decision to stop in Woodward, OK. That led us into Monday April 9, which gave us about 2 hours into the city! Having been in humidity before but not for years, I quickly learned what it was again! When I first thought of the state of OK, I thought of catcus, brown, and very flat! When we woke up Monday morning, we were greeted with HILL, GREEN and beautiful trees! I was beginning to fall in love with this area!

Upon arriving to the city, we had to go STRAIGHT to the place we were to call home. Upon entering the complex, I was on the phone with Amos and I clearly asked him, "Are you SURE about this, because I am not" He reassured me that looks can be deceiving and to just trust that the Lord was there for us! We quickly signed paperwork and received keys. Being as optimist as possible, I unlocked the door to our new home! Looking through the door, I was shook up and all of the sudden very nervous and scared. The interior was older and definitely apartment inexpensive, but it was HUGE!

My mom had been traveling in Texas with Logan, Bella and Harmony and on her way back stopped in OKC to meet us and help us with the move in. Even the look on her face was of concern, but she played it off well! I couldn't be more grateful for a loving mother who would be there to greet us and help us! She stayed in the city for a few days and we went to the Spaghetti Warehouse and of course to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. I didn't know this but Toby Keith is actually from Moore, OK just a few miles south of the city and Garth Brooks is from Yukon just west of the city!

Once my mom and siblings headed back to Montana we were left to fend for ourselves. We spent a lot of time together which we hadn't had that personal time since moving in with my parents. Up to this point Amos had been hearing from a few classmates who had received their Interview emails from the FAA, we were watching their website and his application and were saddened when we heard that Texas hadn't selected us for an interview. We were still remaining as optimistic as possible as California has over 20 facilities to hire from! April 12, Amos was switching laundry down at the laundry room, when I called him nearly in tears (of overjoy, of course) when we had received his INTERVIEW LETTER for the state of California! He quickly responded with yes he wanted to proceed forward. By now, Amos was offered a seasonal job at one of the Lowes stores and at Valair which is an FBO down here.

Here are some pictures from our move!













No comments:

Post a Comment